Home : : Broker Bio
Colorado Group Brokers
B. Scot Smith
Founder, Principal, Broker Associate
Office: 303-449-2131 Ext:116
B. Scot Smith has been involved in commercial real estate in Boulder for over 35 years and is a well-recognized leader and expert throughout the Front Range in commercial sales and leasing.
Scot joined The Colorado Group in 1982 and became a Founding Principal when the company reorganized in 1987 serving as Managing Broker and President for 20 years. He is consistently one of the company’s top producers. To date, he has been involved in over half a billion dollars in sales and leasing transactions.
His professional achievements were recognized by the Boulder County Business Report in its 1998 “Heavy Hitters in Commercial Real Estate” edition, naming Scot the number one office leasing broker in Boulder. He was inducted into the Boulder County Business Hall of Fame in 2012, and was the recipient of the first annual Dean Callan award in 2012 for integrity, honesty, business professionalism and community contributions.
Scot also has a special professional interest and expertise in representing and assisting non-profits in their real estate requirements. Recently, he assisted Clinica Campesina in acquiring a 54 percent interest in the former North Boulder Kaiser Healthcare Medical Office Building.
Activities and Organizations and Awards (Past and Present):
- Mental Health Partners Office Building Acquisition, Boulder
- Boulder Community Hospital, six acquisitions, three dispositions, Boulder
- Exempla Hospital Campus Acquisition, Lafayette
- Qualcomm Campus-Gunbarrel Business Park West, Boulder
- Ohmeda Headquarters, Louisville
- Hauser Chemical Research Facilities, Boulder and Weld Counties
- Flatiron Park West, Boulder
- Via Mobility Services - Director
- Intercambio Uniting Communities - Director and Volunteer English Instructor
- HospiceCare of Boulder and Broomfield Counties - President of Board of Directors; Chair, Strategic Planning Committee
- Boulder Tomorrow (private economic development organization) - Director
- Guaranty Bank of Longmont - Advisory Board Member
- Rotary International District 5450 – Assistant District Governor
- Rotary Club of Boulder Valley - President
- Boulder Valley Rotary Community Foundation – Director and Secretary
- Boulder Area Realtor Association – Vice President and Director; member of the Grievance and Arbitration Committees
- Boulder County Commissioners’ Energy Advisory Committee – Co-Chair
- Boulder Development Commission – Advisory Council member
- Delta Tau Delta Fraternity – Instructor in the Alcohol Risk Reduction Program; Western Division Vice President and
1996 Inductee to the Distinguished Service Chapter, recognizing Scot for over 20 years’ volunteer service.
Scot has a bachelor’s degree in history from Allegheny College, Meadville, Pennsylvania.
Family and Personal Interests:
Scot and his wife Eileen have three adult sons: Chase, Auggie and Rider. Scot, a life-long resident of Boulder County, earned the rank of Eagle Scout, has run eight marathons and enjoys cycling, traveling, fishing and reading.
List of Not for Profit Corporations Transaction List