Susan Chrisman Principal/Broker Associate
Susan Chrisman has been involved in commercial real estate since 1986. Before joining The Colorado Group in 1994, she managed local commercial properties and became a specialist in leasing and property management.
Currently, Susan is managing approximately 1,100,000 square feet of commercial space in the Boulder County area and works with over 80 tenants regularly. She is a managing member for 20 limited liability companies that own commercial real estate in Boulder County.
One of Susan’s principal objectives is to ensure a property provides its owner with the greatest possible return on investment.
Additionally, Susan offers clients accounting services including operating reports, budgets, financial statements, rent collection, bill payment and records preparation for tax purposes or legal actions.
Previous Professional Experience:
Prior to her career in commercial real estate, Susan was a receiver and residential property manager for several local banks. She also worked for a local finance company as assistant manager, where she gained extensive experience in business and finance management.
Susan has a bachelor’s degree in business management and a minor in psychology from Colorado State University. She is working toward her Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation.
Activities, Organizations, and Awards:
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society – Fundraiser, Susan has been one of the top 10 fund-raisers of the annual MS150 bicycle ride for the past 16 years.
- Accessible and Affordable Housing Options (AAHOP) Board of Directors
- Boulder Valley Rotary Club, Treasurer, in 1997 and 2005, Susan was given the Rotary’s “Service Above Self” Award
- Boulder Chamber of Commerce
- 2005 Recipient of the “Women Who Light Up the Community” Award
- Denver Metropolitan Commercial Association of Realtors
- Commercial Brokers of Boulder
- Eldora Mountain Ski Club Bookkeeper
- Downtown Boulder, Inc.
- Niwot Youth Sports
Family and Personal Interests:
Susan and her husband Jim have two grown children, Valerie and Scot. They are all active outdoor enthusiasts who enjoy biking, hiking, skiing, scuba diving, and camping. Susan and her family also enjoy traveling the world whenever possible.