There is no denying that the Centennial State is a great place to live/visit/work. Colorado continues to have a population boom growing by 80,000 people from 2017-2018. But, we hold a very special place in our hearts for the Boulder and surrounding area. Boulder is truly nature’s paradise all around and has a ridiculous amount of sunshine – great right – but let’s be more specific. Here are a few things we LOVE about Boulder – IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER. We hope you find yourself loving them too.
- Boulder is magical. When in Boulder, you may encounter some fur friends. Wildlife watching opportunities are plentiful! Elk, moose, fox, bald eagle… to name a few. Check out City of Boulder’s Wildlife Overview!
- Discovering musicians at the legendary Boulder Theater. The historic Boulder Theater has a diverse and colorful past that continues with a thriving present as one of the premier concert venues in the nation.
- Historic Pearl Street Mall. Having the best people-watching place in the world at the historic Pearl Street Mall
- The Arts. The Colorado Shakespeare Festival is a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder. Since 1958, the festival has celebrated and explored Shakespeare and his continuing influence and vitality through productions of superior artistic quality, education and community engagement.
- Run Boulder Run. Bolder Boulder is America’s all-time BEST 10k (according to Runners World) – going since 1979! Almost 1.2 million runners, joggers, walkers, and spectators of all ages create a spectacle that defies description. It is the biggest and best Memorial Day celebration on earth and the 3rd largest running race in the US!.
- Hiking. The ultimate thigh burn of Mt. Sanitas, the trails of Eldorado… or trekking up Chautauqua to the Royal Arch! Need more options – check out more Boulder Colorado Hiking Trails here!
- Overachiever mecca. You can ski and golf in the same day. Hit Eldora or any other ski area for a few hours – and there is a good chance you can still make it golf your favorite 18 holes later that day.
- Great idea hub. Great place to start a business. A culture of innovation and entrepreneurial support helps businesses thrive here. Boulder has numerous resources for new and established businesses provided by the city’s Economic Vitality program and partner organizations.
- Cycling. It’s all here, and those foothills will challenge you for those that need a little extra. 303 Cycling has it covered… Want to check out the Top 10 most popular bike rides in the Boulder area? Jamestown or Ward, Fourmile-Poorman’s, NCAR Climb, Betasso????
- Craft beer. Too many to list… but here is a link to some to check out via The 6 Best Breweries in Boulder by Jennifer Zukowski. via Your Boulder!
- Scenery. Even when you are at work you are gazing at the flatirons – and they look so different and equally fantastic every season! Here are some great sightseeing gone wild locations in and around Boulder.
- Bike/Walk/Bike/Walk/Bike/Walk…. there are paths everywhere in Boulder. Check out this map that connects you to all of Boulder!
- #Foodie paradise. Rooftop restaurant haven. There is seemingly no end to the variety and quality of food in Boulder. Downtown Boulder also has some amazing rooftop restaurants where you can get an unmatched view of the flatirons! Here are some restaurants with rooftops and patios that boast beautiful views courtesy of BoulderColoradoUSA!
- Great place to raise a family – there is always something family-friendly to do in Boulder. Science tours, planetarium, sight-seeing, events… check out a great goto list here!
- FARMERS MARKET!! Every Wednesday afternoon, and Saturday you get to stock up on fresh organic goodness. The Boulder Farmers Market opened downtown at the Courthouse in 1987, and shortly after, moved to its current home on 13th Street between Canyon Boulevard and Arapahoe Avenue. The market season runs from the first Saturday in April through the Saturday preceding Thanksgiving, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday night market runs from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. the first Wednesday in May the first Wednesday in October. The Boulder market was named one of the Top 50 in the country by Cooking Light Magazine in May 2015 and Vegetarian Times in June 2015.
- Dog town. How dog-friendly is Boulder? Pearl Street even has “dogs of Spruce” Instagram page because there are so many cool fur babies in town. Need a guide to all of the dog-friendly, dog-loving places around town? Check out Boulder Colorado USA!
- Flyfishing at lunch or any day of the week. Need a DIY Guide to get you started? Try this South Boulder Creek Fly Fishing Map!
- Hop, Skip, Jump – there is a great local bus network to get you around town quickly. Or hop on an
on demand . – Boulder’s nonprofit bike share system! bcyclebike
- Yoga. You may see your typical yoga all around town, but did you know that you can expand your Boulder experience by doing goat yoga, brewhouse yoga, paddleboard yoga, yoga in the canyon, festival yoga, aerial yoga… there is more – check out Wild Ways to Do Yoga in Boulder!
- Folsom Field. For everyone that loves sports – and concerts. If you haven’t seen or don’t know who “Ralphie” is – you should definitely to a football game. Yes, Folsom Field is one of the best stadiums in College Football.
Snowcone truck on Pearl Street.. yeah, Sunshine Shave Ice card – you need one.
Beautiful gardens in the Whittier neighborhood – Join the Whittier Garden Tour in June each year – it is one of the top 30 things to do in Boulder!
Tube to Work Day. You can join the worlds greatest traffic jam! Boulder Colorado’s one and only aquatic commute.
This was a “short-list” of some of our favorite things in and around Boulder from The Colorado Group crew! It was hard to narrow down to 20!